1 cup shortening
½ cup brown sugar
2¾ cups flour
½ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine shortening, sugar, brown sugar, and eggs in mixing bowl and beat until fluffy.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and salt together into creamed mixture and blend well.
- Blend in vanilla and work
doughwell in hands.
doughis too sticky, refrigerate for an hour.
- Spread some extra flour on
counterso doughwon’t stick to counter. (Don’t add too much flour or it will change the taste.)
- Divide dough into several balls, add different food
coloursto each ball of dough,and work in the food colouring.
- If you are using cookie cutters, roll out the dough to ¼” thickness with a floured rolling pin on a slightly-floured surface. Or just make whatever you want. Let your imagination flow.
- Bake at 400°F for 5 minutes.
No comments yet.